Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default one click audio preview of 16 and 32 bit audio files?

On 28/02/2018 3:50 AM, Jason Standard wrote:
On 02/27/2018 05:10 AM, geoff wrote:
On 27/02/2018 3:44 PM, Jason Standard wrote:
I have a situation where I have large numbers of audio files (wav,
flac, mp3) stored in various folders on several hard drives.
Although I can do Win search and bring up the files in one place, I
wonder if there's anything I can use to preview them without actually
opening each one up in a program.Â* My DAW, Samplitude, allows one
click preview of such files without opening, but it only works on a
per folder basis and not after using something like Win search
results.Â* I tried making shortcuts of the files found by Win search,
but Samplitude sadly wouldn't preview the shortcuts.

Any advice for a possible program that would do what I'm asking would
be welcome.Â* I just want to one click and briefly hear each file no
matter where found and ideally in a Win search window if possible.
Thanks!

Sound Forge has a preview 'Play' button in its File Open dialogue box
and can play anything.

geoff

So does Samplitude, but this only works when listening to audio files in
a certain folder and not useful for something like Win search results
windows.Â* I have so many folders scattered around that it takes too much
time to use it which was why I was looking for a "one click no matter
where" solution.

So what you want is a plugin for Windows Explorer. Or a new applet for
Search/Explore that is audio-centric ...

geoff