Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default one click audio preview of 16 and 32 bit audio files?

On 27/02/2018 14:50, Jason Standard wrote:

So does Samplitude, but this only works when listening to audio files in
a certain folder and not useful for something like Win search results
windows.Â* I have so many folders scattered around that it takes too much
time to use it which was why I was looking for a "one click no matter
where" solution.

For the cost (free), and the small time it takes to download and
install, Winamp, though no longer supported officially, will play almost
any format you have the Microsoft codec pack and playback hardware for,
though it may barf at anything over 24 bits.

If it will work at all, you just need to let it scan your drives and add
any media it finds to its library, then you can click to listen, or
right click to read metadata and file information. To add new files,
just tell it to rescan the drives. (Leaving it running overnight to do
this is a good idea if you have a lot of files, as it can only index a
few files a second.)

I was really annoyed when it was bought out and the software almost
immediately discontinued by one of the big media players.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.