Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gary Dingle[_2_] Gary Dingle[_2_] is offline

Default one click audio preview of 16 and 32 bit audio files?

Directory Opus Pro (https://www.gpsoft.com.au/) has a play button you
click after selecting a file.
60 Days trial ... maybe worth checking out.
It natively only plays .wav files but will play .mp3s if you have an
appropriate codec installed.
Play button has to be added to tool bar via customise option.
Also, DOpus is a windows explorer replacement, with options of double
panes etc., making copy/move files from one spot to another really
easy.
Cheers
Gary

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 21:44:22 -0500, Jason Standard
wrote:

I have a situation where I have large numbers of audio files (wav, flac,
mp3) stored in various folders on several hard drives. Although I can
do Win search and bring up the files in one place, I wonder if there's
anything I can use to preview them without actually opening each one up
in a program. My DAW, Samplitude, allows one click preview of such
files without opening, but it only works on a per folder basis and not
after using something like Win search results. I tried making shortcuts
of the files found by Win search, but Samplitude sadly wouldn't preview
the shortcuts.

Any advice for a possible program that would do what I'm asking would be
welcome. I just want to one click and briefly hear each file no matter
where found and ideally in a Win search window if possible. Thanks!