Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Quad-II mods - again, oh no....

"Patrick Turner"

A short note to all:-

I was not completely happy with my old page on re-forming Quad-II amps for
improved performance.

** Nor was anyone else .

So I have now re-edited all schematics and removed much BS and added more
possibly useful stuff over the last month.

http://www.turneraudio.com.au/quad2powerampmods.htm

** The notion that the dual EF86 stage has less THD than the output stage
need correcting.

It does not, it has far more - about 5 times in fact - do our own test,
with the EF86s removed .

The correct result is in the vicinity of 0.2% THD at 10 watts and 1kHz
rising to 0.6% at 15 watts.

I consider myself well pre-battered by Quad-II zealotistas

** The Turneroid is like that mythical duck that all water runs off.

For "water" read rational thinking and fair criticism.

Quack, quack.....

..... Phil