Tim

Default Ford Taurus Multiple amps CRAZY setup

I tried using a relay to turn it all on. but the relay wasn't getting
enough power. A friend mentioned a solid state relay, maybe that will
work. The buttons in the front of the car are just that: Buttons. The
accual reciever is located in the trunk. I have a 1997 Ford Taurus LX.
The unit in the back has a small bar code with no numbers on it and
"JBL" written across it. I believe the smoke I saw came from the left
rear speaker. When I tested it with a meter it went to zero Ohms, so
that speaker is shot. I don't know why there would be smoke when a
speaker blows out, I've never experienced it first hand before.
Eveything else is fine. I acctually think that it works now. I played
it last night and the only problems were no left rear speaker and a
little bit of fryed electronics smell. I sniffed around a bit but
couldn't find it. The trunk smellled fine but the interior smelled.