Norman Schwartz

Default Ears vs. Instruments

"Daniel" wrote in message

I'm somewhat down on high-end audio as a
hobby and, even more, as a way to spend money, and wanted to know
about dubious claims in these other areas.

My free advice, therefore worthless to begin with, is to get completely
involved listening to music, entirely ignoring the equipment for a *long
while*. Eventually you will be drawn back to a secondary part of the hobby,
(the equipment). Who knows, perhaps this might save you a lot of time,
effort and money in the long run. New technologies, new models of almost
everything out there, so you avoid dealing with the intervening stuff.