Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Decent quality wireless lapel mic system (used OK) $200???

On Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 11:07:36 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I realize I'm broaching a very broad subject in wireless mic systems. Since I have very little experience with such, I'm hoping to gain some insight and warnings about mines to avoid.

if you are in the US, do not buy anything in the 700 MHz range, they are or will be illegal.

The 600 MHz range has some legal and some illegal bands.

What do you mean "has no pickup"

Can you turn up the gain on your amplifier?
Some mic packs have an internal gain control you may need to adjust.

Do not try to mix and match receivers and transmitters from different manufacturers. It can be done but is tricky.

If you are happy with the range you get between the receiver and transmitter then i would keep the system you have and investigate other mics.

If your mic attaches to the body pack Tx with a plug (not hardwired) then you can try other mics. Sometimes the pin out of the connector is different.

But the first question is, what do you mean by no pickup ,,,why can't you turn up the gain?

Mark