Ian Iveson

wrote

Ah, the myth of the class A Vox. Check the load and the HT
voltage.
Hot AB1, approaching AB2 I believe.

So, you tell another myth in the opposite direction by implying
that
such a ckt could possible operate AB2?

Is there something you don't understand about "approaching"? What
opposite direction? More of a rotation I would say.

We're both pretty raw amateurs when it comes to guitar amps.
Could
end up looking foolish on alt.guitar.amps. Eek!

That's innaccurate - by your statements, you indicate you are
posers in
the whole area of basic tube technology...

Well I can't speak for Patrick, since he has now claimed to be a
"professional" wrt guitar amps. For myself, what do you think I am
posing as? An amateur? I can't quite grasp your problem here. I
didn't realise I was in AGA until these weirdos turned up.

cheers, Ian