Posted to rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic,rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default The Charts and 1-Hit Wonders

"hank alrich" wrote in message
"Nielsen SoundScan began tracking sales data for Nielsen since March 1,
1991"
Something maybe you should look into if you want to sound like you know
something about this.

Why, I'm certainly interested in what happened before 1991, even if you
aren't.

Me, I prefer REAL figures like *actual* total sales world wide. (but even
the record companies cheat, so those figures are not accurate either,
usually far better than the radio station, and billboard Top10/40/100
list
however)

See above. Some aspects of the business stil use an outdated
methodology, but the charts have been based on sales for more than two
decades.

Which excludes muuch of the music I have then. I was sure you were more than
21YO yourself?

That YOU don't think anyone else is even entitled to an opinion on the
matter says a lot for your arrogance, but little else.

Opinions may or may not be based on knowledge or experience. I weight
them accordingly.

Me too, but I still get to have one, just as you seem to think you do.

"Sales data from cash registers is collected from 14,000 retail, mass
merchant, and non-traditional (on-line stores, venues, digital music
services, etc.) outlets in the United States, Canada and the U.K."

NOW it is, so what?

Trevor.