Posted to rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic,rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Default The Charts and 1-Hit Wonders

Trevor wrote:

"Tony Done" wrote in message
Of course they are talking about the "Top 100". Many of them may have
crept in at position 99 or 100 with a once in a lifetime stroke of luck
rather than a heap of talent. We are talking about popularity not
quality.

MJRB

That's true, and very likely accounts for the great bulk of the effect. I
wonder how many one hit wonders make the top 10? A much smaller proportion
I would guess.

Right, I wouldn't call number 100 a "hit", top 40 maybe, but top 10 seems
more like it to me.

With thousands of songs released yearyl, yeah, top 100 is a hit, with
substantial sales and airplay.

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri