Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default The Charts and 1-Hit Wonders

On 3/13/2012 4:19 PM, dsi1 wrote:

It seems that listening to the radio is something only old
guys do these days.

Hey! I resemble that remark! I listen to the radio, though
much of it these days is college and community radio
stations that I get over the Internet. It comes out of the
same speakers as are connected to my FM receiver, though.

I like it. I have a handful of stations that I can listen to
nearly any time, not hear the same 10 songs over and over,
hear music that I enjoy, and other than during fundraising
week (and there seems to be a plot for them all to do it at
the same time so you can't escape) there are no commercials
(though there are "sponsorships" and "underwriters"

Pop stars no longer hold much sway, these days -
unless they're country stars, of course.

Doesn't bother me. I rarely hear pop stars, and when I do,
it's only coincidental.

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff