Mike Rivers

In article writes:

Back when 3com started the whole thing by sponsoring Candlestick
Park, I was upset because I thought it would've been a whole lot
more appropriate for Xerox to do it instead.

But then, pretty much only computer nerds or Palo Alto residents get
that joke, and very few of them actually think it's funny...

I'm not a Palo Alto resident or computer nerd, and I don't get the
joke. Is it worth explaining?

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )