Karl Uppiano

Default Garrard Changer problem

"Brent McKee" wrote in message
news:SU19c.14869$R27.6003@pd7tw2no...
I have an old four speed Garrard Changer -- mid 1970s and pretty
basic, but I don't know the model no. -- and a fondness for 78s.
Problem is that the tone arm will no longer track all the way to the
end of the recorded part of the disc no matter how much weight I add
on. Net result is that whenever I try to play 78s it skips at exactly
the same place for each record. Is there a fix for this or am I SOL
and would find it easier and cheaper to buy a replacement that
works -- if I can find one?

--
Brent McKee

To reply by email, please remove the capital letters (S and N) from
the email address

"If we cease to judge this world, we may find ourselves, very quickly,
in one which is infinitely worse."
- Margaret Atwood

"Nothing is more dangerous than a dogmatic worldview - nothing more
constraining, more blinding to innovation, more destructive of
openness to novelty. "
- Stephen Jay Gould (1941-2002)

If you're in the habit of adding lots of weight to the tonearm to make it
track better, it might be that there's no stylus left. You might try
replacing the stylus.