George M. Middius

Default The question Krooger won't answer

Robert Morein said:

Why did Mr. **** refuse to retract his random accusation of pedophilia
against Mister Wheeler? Why didn't Mr. **** simply apologize when he
had the opportunity?

George,
In a recent perusal of rec.audio.tech, I find that it is infested with
some of the same personality types typified by Arny Krueger. Richard Pierce
is a notable example. Where have you seen the following characteristics
befo

1. Possession considerable knowledge and experience, but never on the
highest level.

Not so fast there.

2. Failure to realize the limitations of such knowledge and experience.

Or there.

3. Psychotic inability to admit any error or lack of expertise.
4. Incessant posting of a particular viewpoint, with no toleration or
respect for the viewpoints of others.
5. "Dirty", or underhanded distortion of the statements of others, as well
as other tricks of the "debating trade" intended to obfuscate the meaning of
posts made by others.
6. Obsessive need to project as the preeminent source of knowledge in as
many domains as possible. Also known as "pontification", the need to be
accepted as an infallible source of wisdom.
7. Use of profanity and/or ad homineum attacks.

Your points 3 thru 7 are indeed true of others besides Krooger.

However, I have it on good authority that in arena of actual
knowledge, Pierced Dick is ten times the engineer Krooger is. I can
see where you might mistake Pierce's bluster and snot for
Kroogeresque ignorance, and it's indeed bizarre that somebody with
actual useful knowledge of his field would continuously act out the
way Pierce does.

8. Lack of social grace.

Oh yes -- the Pierced Dick phenomenon.

These people are cases of arrested development. They are, in fact, adult
examples of the obnoxious "teenage expert."

That sounds unpleasant.

Paradoxically, they do have knowledge. Both Arny Krueger and Richard Pierce
can design loudspeakers, and do a pretty good job of it.

Pierce might be able to, but then he's a working electronics
engineer. Krooger is a wannabe and a never-was. I'm quite certain
Mr. **** is not capable of designing, or even appreciating, a
marketable loudspeaker. And that's not just my opinion -- it's
shared by several Real Audio Guys.

Krueger's comprehension of scientific philosophy seems dim and hazy, while I
doubt that Richard Pierce has ever read Born's "Principles of Optics", or
Dirac's "Quantum Mechanics", or even heard of these volumes.

Just because Pierce is a first-order prick doesn't mean he's as
ignorant as Krooger.

I suspect, George, that your question was a rhetorical one.

It was also a taunt at Mr. ****.

Usenet attracts
disturbed individuals. It is the modern version of the Hyde Park soap box;
it attracts people who are a little off balance.

Ya think?

But it is a simple fact that a significant percentage of the population is
off balance. They aren't crazy. They function in their jobs and may be good
husbands as well. They are simply people you would rather not know, because
they use any victim in their company to reinforce their sense of self-worth.

That's the kindest appraisal of Krooger I've heard since we endured
the pleasure of Phoebe Johnston's company.