Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] psychodave.thomas@gmail.com is offline

Default Siemens V72 Pre-Amp - why are they so expensive ?

I absolutely agree. For that kind of money I'll buy something new like
a Great River.

DaveT

Scott Dorsey wrote:
wrote:
A local studio has a couple of the Telefunken V72s. Not sure we're
talking the same critter here, but I've played my bass through them at
a couple of session and they sound great to me. Last time I checked
Ebay V72 pairs were going in the $2000.00 range.

Right. They sound good, and when they were ten bucks, they were well worth
picking up. But $2000? You gotta be crazy.