Posted to rec.audio.pro
Matthias Matthias is offline

Default Siemens V72 Pre-Amp - why are they so expensive ?

Scott Dorsey schrieb:
They still
sound good, but they aren't cheap any more.

So I better keep it and try to see if it's still working

Is there a REAL reason, why one will pay that much money even for the
spare parts ?

Because insert famous producer's name here used it on insert album
here.

ok, I see ...

Right now anything that has a tube in it can be sold for big money, whether
or not it works or is useful. Look at what Bogen PA amps are selling for
on Ebay. It's shameful.

So I'll tell my wife : NO, I'm not going to throw this insert old audio
equipment here away ....... wasn't there an old Orange amp somewhere in
the barn ........ ?

Who was the one I sold my Vollmer tape machines to ?
With a tube mixer and 'light meters' ?
For a couple of hundred bucks ......

Matthias