Chris Mullins

Default waiting

i think he was saying that he has sort of a pavlovian response now since his
..25v preamps sucked. He has to partially blame it ont he voltage even
though he knows its probably not at fault. but thats just the impression i
got, i could be as wrong as wald (i like that, i think i'll keep it)

"Scott Gardner" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 01:19:02 GMT, MZ wrote:

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005, Kirby wrote:
Sorry, but I was getting somewhat frustrated by Mr Walds stupidity. That
was
what I was trying to say. But I still don't see almost any upides of
high
voltage pre-outs. The only thing I can think of, is with my old EQ, was
that
it had .25 V outs, and it gave off a lot of noise.

I don't get any noise from my 10v output when it's down at low volume
levels and therefore putting out only a quarter of a volt. I think
something was wrong with your EQ.

I was thinking the same thing. A clean-sounding unit with
high-voltage preamps would still sound as clean with lower-voltage
preamps. Likewise, if he was getting noise from his EQ, it probably
wasn't caused by the preouts. More likely, either the EQ was faulty
or inherently noisy.

--
Scott Gardner

"I've had a wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." - Groucho Marx