Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

Default Stereo Raw

Gary,

what you're trying to acheive is impossible, because it is wrong in premisse,
which is: magicaly, being able to percieve soundfield as a such (?), without
isolating details.
It is somewhat possible not to go into detail if listening is absolutely
casual, if the signal is on the edge of undistracting background noise, but
even then, at some point, mind will be atrcted by detail and that's it.

Also, it is somewhat possible if listening under altered state of mind, but in
that case even mono work quite well, let alone stereo, quadro, ...

All above temporarily putting aside the fact that by effortlsly and
unintentionally isolating different kind of info while listening to a recording
with just a slightest interest, closing your eyes and letting your self hear
it, one can actually experience the sense of "being there", in the space as
recorded.

However, I think it is the kind of idea, where if somebody with real resources
and real knowledge would seriously work on it, I believe a plethora of, more
less, usefull patents could pop out as by-products, but never it will work as
you imagine it would.

I promise never to discuss this again.