Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default Onkyo Precise Acoustics

On 4/12/2020 6:53 pm, geoff wrote:
On 4/12/2020 4:26 pm, Trevor wrote:
On 4/12/2020 7:08 am, geoff wrote:
On 2/12/2020 5:39 pm, ~misfit~ wrote:
Rubber surrounds can last 50 years. However if they're stored and
not used for a decade or so they'll go hard and brittle. Also UV
light and/or excess heat will cause similar degradation.

The butyl on my B110s on LS3-5As after 'just' 40 years-ish.

My B139's and B110's are still fine after 45 years. Hope they last a
bit longer. :-)

Bailey TLs ?

No, just a custom cabinet I designed and made for the SK3. Larger than
the Concerto's. Didn't think the Baileys were really worth the effort,
but I know a lot of people did.
Later replaced the tweeters with Dynaudio's and made new Xovers. Have
had lots of other speakers, but they still sound OK compared to many.