Lou D

I have a KS-15874-L2 but the card set I have is marked Hickok 123. There is
only 1 card for 12AX7 and the other 12**7 tubes and they only say card 1 on
them, not 1 of 2. The tester seems to work with these cards. On the card
case it states" Model 120 card case" RD instruments.
"Chris Haedt" wrote in message
om...
"arizona cowboy" el34deletethispartATcomcast.net wrote in message

Hi, I am selling the NOS set of Western Electric cardmatic cards on

ebay.

my question is, I know these cards work in models: Hickok 1234, Western
Electric KS-15874 L1/L2, and the military USM-118 A/B series, but will

they
work in other cardmatic models, such as Hickok 123A or 123R or others ??

thanks,

azcowboy

In general KS/118 cards will work in the 123 series testers (but not
the 121 series) with the following exceptions:

(a) the calibration cards (if any) probably won't work
(b) cards for some dual diodes may not work
(c) cards for some multi-section tubes may not work
(d) cards for dual triodes will not work

The KS/118 has an additional button that allows testing two sections
of a tube with a single card. So, for example, it takes two cards to
test a 12AX7 in a 123, but just one card in the KS/118. So--really
the cards you have are good for the KS/118 only.