Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default A Chuck Hicks Post

"hank alrich" skrev i en meddelelse

Peter Larsen wrote:

"hank alrich" skrev i en meddelelse

Chuck's privacy settings are such that I was able to find that post and
share it on Facebook. That is his own perogative, no asking required.

Even if it is public droit morale still requires you to ask because it is
another context.

Chuck's timeline is open to viewing by anyone, AFAICT.

Makes no difference.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Peter, to me what you are saying is that if I see a poster on a public
notice board I have to ask the creator's permission to alert you to that
poster.

No Hank, I am saying that if you repost it in another context you have to
ask, on FB you could share within the already given permission defined by
the original poster, but there is no pre-existing permission for this usenet
newsgroup. Linking to it would be a different issue because a link - except
perhaps an iframe - maintains the context.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen