Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default Can we kill the spammers?

Don Pearce wrote:

We enjoyed many years relatively spam-free (except for audio-related
spam) and now we're just like everybody else. Learn to skip over the
spam and get to the meat of the newsgroup.

Just out of curiosity, I looked at rec.audio.pro through the eyes of
Verizon rather than my usual Google Groups. Pretty much the same spam. I
know that in any given group of Usenet posters there will be some who
say that any news host is known for having large spam content, and I
believe it's true. The spammers are faster than the spam blockers, always.

And incidentally, it's easier for me to visually sort out the spam on
Google because I see a multi-line subject that almost always has junk
following it. I may be able to set Thunderbird (what I use to read
Verizon mail and news) to show the full subject line, but I don't want
to clutter up my view that way.

So the answer is still "ignore it." I have feeling, now that the door
has been left open, that it won't go away.

me he
)