Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Low Hertz Low Hertz is offline

Default Advise wanted on new well made Tube Integrated Amp, or Combination of

I am looking to replace my current solid state unit.

I see some tube units on EBAY, made in China. A friend tells me they would be good if the tubes were all replaced. I have read reports that the units
are cheaply made, with bad solder connections and such.

I also am a professional musician, and can not tolerate distortion, even
if it's the natural harmonics associated with tubes. I remember hearing
a Fisher or Scott unit years ago, and the distortion was horrible to me.

I want a well made unit that does not require modifications to keep for the rest of my life.

I can't afford vintage McIntosh, though they are clean and free of distortion. Obviously, one is paying for the name.

As a musician, I have always preferred the sound of warm tube amplifiers, but most prefer the sound of acoustic instruments.

Thank you

Bob C