Harry Lavo

Default "DSD recordings good. PCM recordings bad." - Dr. Diamond

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:04:59 GMT, FranÃf§ois Yves Le Gal
wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:25:56 GMT, Steven Sullivan

wrote:

What's the highest frequency such filters allow to pass?

The F3 point is usually at either 50 (default) or 100 KHz.

So, SACD is by definition inferior to 24/96, which has vastly lower
RF noise by design, not by artificial filtration to Band-Aid inherent
problems..

SACD when filtered is filtered low enough to protect amps and high enough
not to cause any sonic problems. With a very gentle roll off. I have yet
to see a DVD-A player that has a -3db point higher than any SACD player I've
seen. The argument is completely bogus as far as audibility or usability as
a muscal distribution system is concerned.