Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil Nil is offline

Default How did they create that sound on "Mercy Mercy Me"?

On 03 Apr 2011, "Don P." wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

I just happen to have a copy of the 16-track. Let's take a look
(Listen?). There's 4 tracks of drums/percussion. Track 1 is the
kick, track 2 is the rest of the kit, track 3 is congas, track 4
is woodblock (with some alternate celeste in it).

Track 3 has a nice hi conga slap in it that corresponds to the
snare. Stick that thru a plate and there's your sound.

I have that, too, but I don't think the conga track is what's making
the "racquetball"/ping sound. I can hear the conga track buried inside
the final mix - the ping sounds like a discreet track, and isn't
included in the 16-track version that's going around.