Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default New Synth-Percussion Aesthetic I've Noticed since Last Year

On 22/02/2021 8:16 am, Chris K-Man wrote:

In this YouTube video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VJClsn3LiAg&t=90sec

The percussive add-on features a snare sound with just a touch of 3-4kHz, but enough to sound ANNOYING. I don't know of any snare that makes that sound in actual life.

I hear the same percussive signature in many TV and radio commercials also, but only as far back as mid-2020. Anyone else?

Just a particularly annoying current EQ trend. The 'drumset' level is
also way OTT.

Must be incredibly annoying (painful even) on the also current trend of
over-bright headphones with lots of bass and subdued mids.

geoff