Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] palli...@gmail.com is offline

Default AT U857QI

mcp6453 wrote:

===================
I just bought an Audio-Technica AT U857QI. It's very dark to the point
that I wonder if something is wrong with it. What's a fair test to
evaluate the mic? The response curve doesn't indicate that it has a high
frequency rolloff.

It's the same mic now being used for the litigants on Judge Judy. It
sounds great there. Are they EQ'ing the hell out of it?

** Nothing would stop them do all manner of signal processing on a mic used like that.

That "double foam " pop filter might be an issue with some dullness.

Bet the response curve was measured *without* it in place.

....... Phil