Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default I take it everybody has seen this by now, maybe ...

On 30/12/2020 7:40 am, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 12/29/2020 11:22 AM, Chris K-Man wrote:
geoff:

Is it safeÂ* to assumeÂ* you areÂ* fromÂ* the UK?

If so, you should knowÂ* thatÂ* a lotÂ* ofÂ* us Yanks -Â* myself not
included -Â* do notÂ* likeÂ* the Beatles or theirÂ* works.Â* HenceÂ* the
spirited(!)Â* reactionÂ* toÂ* you post.

My comment wasn't about The Beatles. I have nothing against the band or
movies made about them.

What bugged me was that that the original post was nothing but a URL
with the header of "... everybody has seen this by now..."Â* with no
explanation of what "this" is. How do I know whether I've seen it or
not? How do I know that it's not an entry to malware?

Of course I didn't click on it. And now that I know from other responses
that it's a movie about The Beatles, I won't bother to click on it.
Thanks to everyone (else) for not being an asshole.

No need for you to apologise.

No, not UK. Nor USA. Just from part of the rest of the world without
such musical (or other) xenophobia, or inflexible music-historic interests.

A little 'surprise' Xmas cheer - apparently not. Didn't expect to get
slammed for it. Ignored was sufficient. Guess the grinch-element is
escalated at this time of year - slightly understandable.

It was clearly a Youtube URL, so harmless - apart maybe to one's
potential heightened sensitivities about musical taste. Would Frank
Sinatra, CCW, Gershwin, Seekers, CS&N(not Y or course) Bernstein, Glen
Campbell, Glass, Johnny Cash, Eagles, Willie Nelson, or The Band have
been more acceptable ?

If one doesn't have an antipathy towards everything Beatles, here's a
Wikipedia entry regarding the project. WARNING do not click this link if
disinterested - it will be a major effort, discomfort, and imposition.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles:_Get_Back

geoff