Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Dorman Paul Dorman is offline

Default Dachman Audio U87 Clone Kit

On 12/29/2020 10:45 AM, John Williamson wrote:
On 29/12/2020 17:25, Paul Dorman wrote:
Â*Â* High quality capsule are readily available
from many suppliers:

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* http://www.pelusomicrophonelab.com/parts/Capsules.html

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* https://microphone-parts.com/product...ophone-capsule

Â*Â* I'd say the "secret ingredient" is marketing hype, and mic-snobbery!

I do not say that high quality capsules are not available elsewhere,
but, while there is undoubtedly an element of snobbery, if there are
measurable differences in either quality or consistency between brands,
then there is, by definition, a "secret ingredient".

I don't believe they are noticeable by maybe 97% of people,
which means those differences don't matter.

Â*Â*Â* Very similar to what Steinway did in the piano world!

As Steinway hold 139 patents in the field of piano making, they have
many "secret ingredients".

Not really. Piano technology is well known. There are no secrets.

And I like Yamahas better!