Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Dorman Paul Dorman is offline

Default Dachman Audio U87 Clone Kit

On 12/25/2020 8:04 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Paul Dorman wrote:

I'm willing to bet very, very few people could correctly pick
out the 1 Clone, and the 1 Real, in two blind audio tests. Especially
since there are variations even between the real U87s!

U87s are pretty consistent. There have been production changes over the
years, but even comparing the old style with the battery to the new style,
I don't hear big differences.

Very much unlike the U47, where no two of them sound anything like one
another.
--scott

Again, I'm willing to bet very, very few people could correctly pick
out the 1 Clone, and the 1 Real, in two blind audio tests.

Close your eyes, and see if you can tell when the real U87 is
used:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouB66R4QrXQ