Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Digital noise from speakers in flight simulator (X-Plane)

On 3/25/2018 11:32 PM, John Doe wrote:
Your first reply to my original post clearly ignored practically
everything I said. I could go through each instance, but of course
that's not protocol.

Please do. Or perhaps I never saw your original post. I try to be
careful when I answer someone who appears to be very confused about what
might be a common problem.

I think it was Scott that mentioned capacitors.

I was trying too hard to give you credit for something.

Don't give me credit for advice that I didn't give, and that I don't
think will solve the problem, however given your recent confusing
description of the sound, it really sounds like electromagnetic
interference, but to solve that problem, you need to gather more
information.

A cell phone is a good source for EMI. If you have one in your pocket
when you're playing the game, turn it off. And if you have a phone, wave
it around, and lay it along side your speaker cables and whatever other
cables in your setup that you have that you haven't mentioned. See if
the noise your phone generates sounds like the noise that's bothering
your. Perhaps you have one cable that isn't properly shielded.