Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Digital noise from speakers in flight simulator (X-Plane)

In article ,
John Doe wrote:
(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

I would have immediately fixed the thing (using capacitors on the
input as described by Mike) if it made sense to do that. It makes no
sense to me until I figure out what the problem is and why it is not
commonly discussed on the Internet. There are hundreds of millions
of gamers. They do not fix ground loops with transformers or
capacitors.

You are confusing us again. I am the one who suggested the shunt caps.
The shunt caps will reduce RF, they don't do anything about the ground
loop. Disconnecting pin 1 at the XLR connector will break the ground loop.

This IS very commonly discussed on the internet, people are CONSTANTLY
complaining about noise in situations like this. Companies like Edcor
and Lundahl specifically make transformer isolation boxes because so many
people have this problem.

Is it something wrong with the JBL LSR305 speakers? Like the inputs
not being compatible enough with the unbalanced output from the
soundcard? Not that I have to know.

No, there's something wrong with cheap soundcards, but that's how it goes.
You set the grounding up properly and deal with it.