Posted to rec.audio.pro
John Doe[_2_] John Doe[_2_] is offline

Default Digital noise from speakers in flight simulator (X-Plane)

(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

John Doe wrote:

The HDMI audio extractor (Tripp Lite P130-000-AUD4K6) should tell
that one. If there is still noise, through the 3.5 mm stereo
output jack, I will assume the SPDIF on the extractor link would
not work either, that the noise is introduced before that point.

This is likely a D/A converter in a box and as such may affect
your sound. However, it might be better than whatever D/A you're
using currently.

If I were you, I'd just look into fixing the ground loop. Are you
running an XLR cable out of your soundcard into the powered
speaker,

There is an electrical difference between TRS cables and XLR cables,
going to the speakers from the same soundcard stereo output jack?

--

or are you trying to pull out of an unbalanced output?
If it is the unbalanced output, try lifting pin 1 on the XLR side