Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default The Autotune Evil Empire - Version 7

MarkK wrote:

It's not bad but it's crashey.

That sounds like 'bad' to me ....

geoff

It's worth every penny you pay for it.

there is more than one kind of bad...

--
Les Cargill

Crashy?
you mean the computer crashes,,, it has never crashed for me running under
N Track Studio..

Just tried it again. If you save the song file with that plugin on a
track, you can no longer open the song file. It crashes on startup.
That might be a mono vs. stereo thing; didn't drill down much in
diagnosing the problem.

I am also using N-Track, version 3.0. It's overwhelmingly not
crashey*. Some plugins are.

*on Win7 or WinXP.... there are more stable programs now, like
Reaper or Sonar. Sonar even isolates itself from crashing plugins.

I'm wondering what you think of the sound quality?

Not bad, if that makes any sense for a plugin like that. I tend to
lean towards pitch correcting with the pitch shift in CoolEdit 96
if at all.

How good/bad is it at pitch correction compared to the high priced spread?

I don't have much exposure to the high priced ones. Ran the 30 days out
on an eval of Autotune a long time ago, but formed no opinion of
the sound quality.

I used GSnap exactly once on a real recording. Set up a temporary
song file and printed the tuned version of a vocal.

Mark

--
Les Cargill