Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Connecting an old mic to PC

Brett DeAngelo wrote:

I have a balanced microphone that uses a 5 pin din connector, this
connector is connected to a power source that gives off another 5 pin
din connector (which connects directly to the amp usually).

What makes you think it's balanced? What model microphone is it?
What model power source is it? Is it a Uher product?

I tried using cables that converted the 5 pin din connection to a
3.5mm jack so that it would fit into my computer, however no input
sound came through, only quiet static noises - I was told that the
line in on a PC feeds small current to mics and may have interfered
with the external power source.

Could be. Could also be that the pinout is not standard. Could also
be a level issue; PC soundcards want to see a lot of signal.

Anyway, given this information, is it possible to connect the mic to
my PC? If so, can you please explain how.

No, more information is needed.