Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Value of KLH speakers?

On 8/22/2010 4:53 AM Arny Krueger spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com

Not exactly a tech question, I know, but I trust I'll be
forgiven.
Saw a pair of big old floor cabinet speakers yesterday at
a place, assumed they were Wharfedales or Jensens or some
such, but they turned out to be KLH Model Twelves. Never
heard of or saw this model before.

Back in the day, I really liked how they sounded.

Good to know.

Does anyone know what they might be worth, assuming good
working condition? Yes, I know: they're worth what
someone'll pay for them. But I'm looking for some
real-world data here.

Check eBay and other audio autcion site closed auctions.

The reason I'm reluctant to go by eBay prices is that these would be so
dang hard (and expen$ive) to ship. I'm thinking more along the lines of
Craigslist, or of holding on to them for a while and finding a collector
willing to pay more.

They look as if they might make a good set of speakers
for someone, but one would probably want to elevate them
off the floor somehow.

They were intended to be floor-standing, check the classic speaker pages

Yes, I know that; it's just that they'd probably sound better off the
floor, as unwieldy as that might be. Maybe on short platforms?