Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default 2018 AES Show Report

On 11/13/2018 9:28 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Wow, you are fast, Mike. I didn't even have the film processed by the time
you posted your report. Here's mine, finally . . .

Some good stuff there, particularly with the technical sessions. The
Neumann TLM-102, however, isn't a hot new mic, it was introduced just a
couple of years after the TLM-103. Neumann did receive the AES Service
to Industry award, commemorating their (Neumann's) 90th anniversary.
Also I remember talking about the Josephson C725 with David at last
year's show, and maybe even to you, about it.

Royer and Samar were conspicuous by their absence. Tama started making
mic stands on the same principles of their drum hardware for a couple of
years now, though I think this was their first AES show, so you can have
a pass on that one. And speaking of rare birds and mic stands,
Triad-Orbit is now the keeper of the Starbird keys. The Kii speaker was
in the same demo room last year as this year.

Good thing there are two of us covering the show, because there's always
something to miss.