Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Speaker ports

In article ,
Les Cargill wrote:

Suppose you are designing a ported speaker enclosure. Suppose this
design wants two 2 inch ports @ 0.80 inches.

Suppose also you are using 3/4" plywood.

Must the port extend 0.80 into the internal volume of the speaker box
or would the slightly less than .75 inches of the box material suffice?

I'd generally glue another small square of plywood to the inside to make
up the required length of port - unless very much longer than the
thickness of the baffle. But the thickest baffle I've ever used is 12mm
birch ply. Although never made PA sized speakers.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.