Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank Stearns Frank Stearns is offline

Default How to pronounce Langevin?

writes:

On Sunday, April 25, 2004 at 10:25:59 AM UTC-4, Twist Turner wrote:
I just talked to a guy who had been in the studio business for 45 years,
his cusom built board from the 60's was built with AM16 modules. He
pronounced it Lanj-a-vin, I always thought it was pronounced Lang-a-vin.
Which is right?

I've been around in this for a little over 40 years, did some work as a teen in an
old-time studio that had a 12x4 Langevin console... They always said "Lanj-a-vin".
In later years when the brand was mentioned, also always heard it as Lanj-a-vin.

FWIW.

Frank
Mobile Audio