Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jeff Henig Jeff Henig is offline

Default Touring Advice

Hey, all!

I'm working on some solo gigs (both a cappella/church and
instrumental/secular) and looking at the best way to deal with venues,
multiple revenue streams, etc. without acting like a psychotic
gold-digger. I've been involved in some way/shape/form in the Christian
music arena off and on for around 20 years, but I've been stupid and not
paid as close attention as I should to what's effective rather than
"doing things the way they've always been done".

I've read Krasilovsky and Shemel's "This Business of Music" and "More
About This Business of Music", as well as J. Dearing's "Making Money
Making Music" (many moons ago). I'm in the middle of "The Music Industry
Self-Help Guide" by Michael Repel.

What is another good source of info in this area (book, video, or
otherwise)? I've looked online--which is how I found the Repel book, but
I'd like to hear from some people whose expertise and character I know
and respect on the matter.

I guess that means I shouldn't ask here... cough

But seriously, I trust the opinions of those on this list a whole heck
of a lot more than an Amazon review or even another NG where I know no one.

I want to do this right.

--
---Jeff

---