Posted to rec.audio.pro
George's Pro Sound Co. George's Pro Sound Co. is offline

Default Alesis DEQ830

"Doum" wrote in message
.. .
Anyone using an Alesis DEQ830 digital EQ?

For the price it seems a good deal, 8x30 bands EQ.

Does it sound good? Ease of use?

Another question, is it better to compress an EQed signal or to EQ a
compressed signal (drums)?

TIA

I bought one, hated it
the non locking 1/4 inch connectors we always coming unplugged, the display
was impossible to read in the daylight, I was often on the wrong eq the
frame is weak, it sags under it's own weight when not supported
it did not sound objectionable for the few times I used it but it was not
the wonder machine I believed it would be allowing me to establish a 8 mix
monitor rig in a 3 space rack when coupled to two powersoft 4 channel single
space amps
George