Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default No Interconnect is the Best

Iain Churches wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Iain Churches wrote:
"flipper" wrote

Out of curiosity, got any, say circa 1985, CDs?

Last night, after sauna, I was looking at some British remastered pop
CD's from that era. Jethro Tull in particular. They all seemed average
around -18dBFS. In contrast, much current pop material peaks at,
or close to, clipping.

Yes, that's 'modern' music production for you. Go to rec.audio.pro for a
discussion of it every week or two.

I don't need to go anywhere Graham. I am involved
in mastering (though not usually pop material) on almost
a daily basis:-)

I believe it would be to your advantage to open your mind to other peoples'
views on the matter too. You might get a more accurate idea of what's going on.
It seems highly flawed to me at present judging by the basis of what you've
written here.

Graham