Posted to rec.audio.car
Mariachi Mariachi is offline

Default polk 6x9

On Sep 13, 12:53 pm, arthur wrote:
Yes I thought of that later. The coloration and almost infinite
possible harmonics. A speaker is not a square wave device.

Hey, its for fun, remember?

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 05:09:55 -0700, Mariachi
wrote:

you might hear a mechanical sound in the speaker though if the change
in voltage is big enough

An ideal speaker could play a square wave w/ the infinite harmonics
that make up the square, as long as the square wave oscillates around
zero volts... say 5 volts to -5 volts with a frequency greater than 20
Hz.

But in the real world... there is no such thing as ideal.

Actually, a speaker can play a square wave to some extent, although it
may not play all the frequencies because of crosstalk. I hooked my
ghetto sony speakers to an AC generator with the square wave option
enabled, and you could actually hear some tones coming out of the
speaker. I thought it was interesting