Posted to rec.audio.car
arthur[_5_] arthur[_5_] is offline

Default polk 6x9

Too easy. The hard part is that reactance ( the X of Z = R + X )
changes as the AC frequency. So the effect is one can attenuate some
frequencies more or less than others ( the how of crossovers ). This
can fool the non electonics person into thinking that some frequencies
are enhanced at the expense of others. And now you know.

arthur

ps Z = R + X is an understatement of the complexity but we all know
that we don't have to know that jazz since we have really smart
computers to do the hard stuff.

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 10:42:37 -0700, "MOSFET"
wrote:
Thank you, I DO always want to understand this better and I appreciate
people like you taking the time to explain it to non-EE's like myself.

Thanks again,

Nick