Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Default polk 6x9

Thank you, I DO always want to understand this better and I appreciate
people like you taking the time to explain it to non-EE's like myself.

Thanks again,

Nick

"arthur" wrote in message
No. You have a DC mental image of how a capacitor operates.

There are 2 passive reactive devices for AC: capacitors and inductors.
Reactance is the name given to the resistance, measured in Ohms, of an
AC signal.

Place a resistance in a circuit and it must attenuate the signal by
converting some of the power to heat. Impedence is resistance with a
PhD.

I thought you would rather know the facts.

arthur

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 19:02:29 -0700, "MOSFET"
wrote:
I was just pointing out that capacitors, by their nature, can discharge
current and THEREFORE it stands to reason that a signal may be boosted

EVER
SO SLIGHTLY (and attenuated as well), again, I WOULD NOT except it to be
audible.