Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

Default Overheating JVC receiver?

On 12 Mar 2006 22:20:16 -0800, "
wrote:

I just ordered a JVC RX-D302B receiver from Crutchfield. Actually, this
is #2 - I sent back #1, a scratch-and-dent, because it quickly became
almost too hot to touch on top and filled the living room with the
smell of hot circuitry. It seemed to work fine otherwise, no
overheating shutdown, but still. Now #2, which is new, is doing the
same thing, and I'm wondering what is going on. Is this normal? I'm
using Polk Audio R40 speakers.

I remember I had a Toshiba amp once. It worked fine with ordinary
speaker wire. Then I tried some fancy QED wire and the output stage
blew. So I went back to ordinary wire and never had any more trouble.