Joseph Oberlander

Default 27" TV suggestions 2

Alex Rodriguez wrote:

In article ,
says...

Also, all the DLP sets I've seen advertised at 50" or above appear to be at
least 4K or more - a considerable difference over the price of rear projection
sets from major manufacturers such as Mitsubishi, Sony, etc. For me, at

least,

it was a question of cost/bnefits analysis at the present time.
Of course, I also don't own conrad johnson monoblocs for the same reason
(although I might like to ).

If you can afford to give up the space needed for a RP TV, then it makes more
sense to get one of those. If space is a consideration, then DLP, LCoS and
LCD projections make sense since they take up substantially less space.

That's why I like front-projection units. They sit on a shelf or are
mounted to the ceiling(motorized assemblies are doable). The screen
is motorized and slides into the ceiling, do during the day, there's
no floorspace taken up by the system. Oh - they are bright and last
for years if you keep the brightness and contrast down to proper
levels(about 1/5th what you see in a store).