Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 22:44:40 GMT

On 2004-09-07
said:
The differences between the US and
terrorist organizations, whether you believe it or not, is the we
do ultimately care how we act. We do realize the folly of our
blunders and celebrate our success's. The foreign policy of the
US is a fluid process, one in which we learn from the sum of the
parts, and try to make sense of it. The History of the US shows a
country who basic elements of it's government are heavily weighted
towards doing what's right. To sus out Bush as the *problem* or to
try and make his cabinet responsible for the last 100 years of
world politics is ridiculous. In the scheme of things, if Bush
isn't re-elected, then who do you blame for things that started in
the 40's? Or if you don't recall your history, that is the time
that contrary to what the rest of the middle east wanted, Israel
was made a nation by Allied decision. That is what started the
lunatic fringe on their current path. --

WE must remember too that there's almost an institutional memory among
the followers of Islam regarding the crusades. tHey have a long
tradition of oral history as well as their written works which they
teach to their children.

THough Nathan's comments quoted above are generally correct we've made
our share of blunders in international affairs, Central and SOuth
America and other places. IT's done mainly in the name of control of
resources however and not furthering self determination by the people
who live in these countries where we meddle in the name of controlling
access to said resources. IF you are truly interested in furthering
democracy and self determination sometimes you have to live with
people choosing leaders even when you don't agree with their politics.

IT all goes back to the old saw which says: "THose who do not learn
from history are condemned to repeat it."

Richard Webb,
Electric SPider Productions, New Orleans, La.
REplace anything before the @ symbol with elspider for real email

--

THat's OK, I wasn't using all of my civil liberties anyway.