Roger W. Norman

One possibility I didn't see presented is a separate mic pre for the ribbon,
which then goes into the line in rather than through the mic input. There
are a couple of "buy it now" Studio Projects VTB1s on ebay right now for
$129. Not an un-useful purchase anyway, and it easily fits your
requirements.

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Chris Breitner" wrote in message
m...
Hey Everyone. I can't seem to find the answer and/or product to
satisfy my needs: a phantom power filter/remover.

I have a ribbon mic I'd like to gig with, and the PA systems we use
normally plug into have an all-channels-on/off for the phantom power.
Our vocalist uses a condenser mic, so she needs it on. If the phantom
power hits my ribbon mic, it might permanently damage the ribbon
element.

Does anyone know of a DIY homebrew solution?

Thanks,
Chris