RdM

Default DIY LS3/5A's

"Geoff Wood" wrote:

: Aha, the old Avalon Arcs. The cabinet on those was a little taller than the
: LS35a, and I know there was at least one pair with my cloned LS35a crossover
: boards installed. I assume my buddy still has them....
:
: (Yes, a totally non-scientific mod, by him).

I'd be interested to hear more about it, and them. Why had you cloned some?
I'd agree that the substitution (by him) would be "un-scientific". Still ...
No accounting for taste, or audiophile ambitions! You heard both versions?

I should and shall draw out the existing xover. Test and measure the caps.

I talked briefly with CM tonight and arranged to ring again this weekend.
Although it's nigh on 30 yrs ago, he may still have the design details.

: Actually I still need a replacement single T27 for the 104ab's and
: while waiting for a replacement dome from Axent Audio have subbed
: brutally the T27 A6340's for the original T27 SP1032's ... I'm
: uncritically used to them now.
:
: Try Mike Stace at Centrade (in the Wgtn phonebook).

Ta for the info. I haven't talked with Axent in a while now - it's entirely
possible that they've forgotten I wanted one - I'll check both out.

Ross M.